The EIO Push Chair from Special Tomato is big enough to fit an average 8-year old.
But does it fit your child?
Finding special needs strollers that provide your child with the positioning and support that they require can be a daunting task. Many parents feel they need to see the adaptive equipment and test it before buying. At Adaptivemall.com, we understand and are here to help.
As a Physical Therapist, I know there are critical measurements to consider when choosing the right special needs stroller for your child. Below is a list of measurements to consider before purchasing the EIO Push Chair.
1. Your child’s WEIGHT in pounds or kilograms. This is an important measurement because the Special Tomato EIO Push Chair has a maximum weight capacity of 90 lbs. (40.8 kg)
2. Your child's Hip Width measured at the hip joint while seated. Measure a straight line straight across the lap. If you were to place two books on either side of the hips, measure straight between the two books instead of curving up and over the lap like a car seatbelt would. The Special Tomato EIO Push Chair has a seat width of 12" (30.5 cm).
3. Your child’s Thigh Depth is also measured while seated. Make sure your child is sitting with his/her buttocks against the back of the seat. Measure a straight line (parallel with the seating surface) from where the buttocks contact the seat back to just behind the bent knee. The Special Tomato EIO Push Chair has a seat depth of 12" (30.5 cm).
Note: Since the legrest is angle adjustable, children who have a thigh depth measurement of less than 12" (30.5 cm) can be accommodated in the EIO Push Chair.
4. Your child’s Back Height to Shoulders is also measured while seated. Make sure your child is as far back as possible in the seat. Measure a straight line (parallel to the seat back surface) from where the buttocks contact the seating surface up to the top of the shoulders. The backrest height of the Special Tomato EIO Push Chair is 24" (61 cm).
5. Your child’s Back Height to Top of Head is also measured while seated. Make sure your child is as far back as possible in the seat. Measure a straight line (parallel to the seat back surface) from where the buttocks contact the seating surface up to the top of the head. The backrest height of the Special Tomato EIO Push Chair is 24" (61 cm).
6. Your child’s Foot to Knee Height is also measured while seated. Measure from the bottom of the shoe, up along the back of the leg to the back of the knee joint, where it is bent at 90 degrees. The seat to footplate height is 13" (33 cm).
If you would like to submit your child’s measurements online, then click here to access our Size Help Request Form. I will personally e-mail you to let you know if the Special Tomato EIO Push Chair fits your child.
Please understand that although I am a licensed physical therapist, I cannot act in the capacity of your professional therapist(s). An in-depth knowledge of your medical condition and abilities are required to make any final equipment recommendations. Your therapist(s) is best qualified for this reason. What I can do is work with you and your therapist(s) to help YOU make the best choice for your child’s needs.
Absolutely LOVE the Special Tomato EIO!!!! Well worth the money. We go everywhere with our son and he is comfortable. I recommend it to anyone I know with a special needs child!Kelly B.
LOVE the New Convaid Cruiser. It's tied for the best piece of special needs equipment we own.Sharon L.
I purchased the Special Tomato seat for my daughter 2 years ago and we love it! Thanks for such good quality products!Vikki B.
As I've said many times, you guys are the best!Karen L.
Looooove the Britax Traveller Plus! It's like a Cadilac of carseats for my special little princess.Michelle O.
We love Gayle's Special Tomato! It is absolutely the best thing ever! We can eat at the dinner table now and she does so well! Gayle can now play with her 8 year old sister!Vickie
I feel the four keys to customer service are attitude, accuracy, timeliness and ownership. Melissa was outstanding in each area. The replacement part I needed was not significant, but my experience with your company certainly was. Dave
Just to let you know our Son is LOVING his Special Tomato Mobile Floor Kit. He has a wheelchair but we wanted a chair for him to be close to the ground where his brothers can play with him.Michael