The EasyStand® Bantam™ with Minimum, Moderate and Maximum Support Packages from Altimate Medical combines the benefits of sit to stand and the option of supine flat-to-load with infinite positioning possibilities. From 90-90 sitting, to fully vertical standing, to full supine lying and anywhere in between, no other stander can provide the number of positioning options that are possible with the EasyStand Bantam.
And that’s just the beginning! To make ordering easy, packages have been created to support minimum, moderate and maximum postural support needs. The EasyStand Bantam is offered in three sizes. The Medium EasyStand Bantam accommodates children 4’- 5’6” tall and up to 200 lbs. Small accommodates children 36"-54" tall and up to 100 lbs. Extra Small accommodates children from 28"-40" tall and up to 50 lbs.
- The Minimum Support Package provides just enough support to keep the user in a well aligned standing position using foot holders, knee pads, a positioning belt, head support and tray without providing more support than is needed. This offers the user the opportunity to activate their own postural muscles. With daily use, this can help to increase the strength and endurance of the postural muscles leading to greater independence in assuming and maintaining the standing position.
- If more support is required, the Moderate Support Package includes upgrades of Multi-Adjustable Foot Plates, Secure Foot Straps, Swing-Away Knee Pads, Contoured Seat and Back, Large Contoured Chest Pad with Strap, Swing-Away Tray, and Adjustable Removable Actuator Handle. These features provide added support for children who have moderate physical impairments.
- If your child requires full postural support in standing, the Maximum Support Package is recommended. Added features include Hip Supports, Lateral Supports, Chest Vest and a Clear Swing-Away Tray. This stander is equipped to accommodate children who require full postural support in standing. Features provide added support for children who have significant physical impairments.
Please refer to the Features section for a complete listing of components included in each support package. In Extra Small and Small sizes, the Bantam is also available as a Mobile Stander with a moderate postural support package. The Mobile Stander allows for self-propulsion. The Mobile Stander is not available in size medium.
Substantial growth potential is built into every EasyStand frame and adjustments are tool free. Because the Bantam provides full support from sitting to standing, no special accommodations are required for children with lower extremity contractures or leg length discrepancies. If necessary, children can begin their standing programs with hip and knee flexion and gradually increase lower extremity extension through a sustained weight bearing stretch. Transferring into the Bantam can be performed as a stand pivot transfer, a lateral seat-to-seat transfer, or supine flat-to-load and the Bantam is compatible with patient lifts.
Use of the Bantam as an activity chair with postural support for sitting offers many more therapeutic options. With capabilities for upright sitting, tilt and recline the Bantam can support postures that will optimize a child’s abilities during activities of daily living such as feeding. But perhaps the most important feature of such a versatile product, the Bantam promotes inclusion at home and school. The user can stand where others are standing and sit where they are sitting- under the same tables, next to the same white board or next to the kitchen counter. And all these position changes are accomplished with fewer transfers (less lifting!) for caregivers, decreasing everyone’s energy expenditure and risk for injury.
*There can be no part substitutions when ordering Bantam packages.
Is this Product Right for You?
- Sit + Stand + Supine all in one product
- Support packages accommodate children with mild to significant postural support needs
- Able to accommodate users 4’-5’6” (122-167cm) tall and up to 200 lbs. (91kg)
- Questions? Our therapists can help you with a proper fit… to start please click SIZING HELP and complete a simple form, or call us toll free at (800) 371-2778