The EasyStand® Evolv with Minimum, Moderate or Maximum Support are Sit to Stand Stander Packages from Altimate Medical. EasyStand is the unsurpassed pioneer of sit to stand technology. The first EasyStand product was designed by founder Alan Tholkes, himself a C6/7 quadriplegic from the age of 17. Current products are brought to you as the result of over 30 years of personal, consumer and clinical experience and feedback.
The EasyStand Evolv is one of the most supportive and comfortable sit to stand standers on the market today. By strategically placing the pivot points of the stander in line with the body’s natural pivot points, features offering postural support remain in place from sitting to standing, minimizing shear. Critical areas such as knee pads, seat, back and chest pad are well cushioned for comfort. The Evolv enables full extension at the hips and knees for those with sufficient range of motion (ROM) and the ability to bear full weight on the long bones of the legs. For those with limited ROM, the Evolv provides an opportunity to stand in a partial weight-bearing position with the potential to progress to full extension over time. The three-point system of knee pads, seat, and chest pad provides the individual with support in all positions from sitting to standing. The Evolv also allows the user to ascend and descend at their own pace with the ability to stop anywhere in between sitting and standing. The Evolv’s open base makes transfers easy and safe. For those that self-transfer, it is a quick lateral seat to seat transfer, flip the knee pad down and you are ready to start standing. For those who require assistance for a stand pivot or lift assist transfer, features such as the removable back ease the way and improve safety. Once seated, the user can independently achieve the standing position using the manual hydraulic actuator handle. The Evolv is also an ideal stander for multi-user facilities with adjustable components and features such as Easy-Adjust Seat Depth offering effortless, smooth adjustments using roller bearings.
Newly injured and those that have not stood recently, often need to acclimate to standing. The Evolv allows a user to stop and rest at any point between sitting and standing. This is also beneficial for those who have tight muscles in the hips, knees and/or ankles. The Evolv can support the user in a progressive, prolonged weight bearing stretch to improve range of motion. Some disabilities such as Multiple Sclerosis and ALS are progressive. Positioning options may need to be added over time. The Evolv’s modular design allows for that with over 60 different positioning options available to help those with difficult positioning challenges. Please Note: There can be no part substitutions at the time of ordering Evolv packages, however aftermarket parts are available or custom ordering is possible. Package pricing does not apply to custom orders. The EasyStand Evolv is also beneficial in preparation for exoskeleton walking. According to regulatory approval of exoskeleton products, prior to using an exoskeleton walking device, users should be able to stand using an assistive standing device such as an EasyStand Evolv. Being able to stand comfortably for progressively longer periods of time while maintaining/ improving flexibility of leg muscles makes use of the Evolv ideal before starting a walking program.
The Evolv Size Medium fits users from 4’ to 5’6” (122-167cm) and up to 200lbs. (91kg). Size Large fits users from 5’ to 6’2” (153-188cm) and up to 280lbs. (127kg). Size XT (Extra Tall) fits users from 6’ to 6’10” (183-208cm) and up to 350lbs. (159kg). The EasyStand Evolv can accommodate a wide range of users from those needing little added support to those who require significant postural support. To make ordering easy, packages have been created to support minimum, moderate and maximum postural support needs.
- The Minimum Support Package provides just enough support to maintain a person with mild limitations in head and trunk control in a well aligned standing position using Multi-Adjustable Foot Plates, Flip-Up Knee Pads, Planar Seat, Removable Back, Positioning Straps and a Tray with Chest Pad.
- The Moderate Support Package provides the following upgrades: Secure Foot Straps, Independent Knee Pads, Hip Supports, Lateral Supports, Large Contoured Chest Pad, Adjustable/Removable Actuator Handle, and on Medium and Large Size Frames a Swing-Away Front. Size XT frames do not have a Swing-Away Front.
- The Maximum Support Package offers Secure Foot Straps, Independent Knee Pads, Hip Supports, Lateral Supports, Large Contoured Chest Pad, Adjustable/Removable Actuator Handle and has additional upgrades of a Removable Contoured Back, Chest Vest, and Shadow Tray. Medium and Large Size Frames have a Swing-Away Front. Size XT frames do not have a Swing-Away Front.
*There can be no part substitutions when ordering Evolv packages.
Is this Product Right for You?
- An adult size sit to stand stander
- Support packages accommodate users with mild to significant postural support needs
- Size Medium fits users from 4’ to 5’6” (122-167cm) and up to 200lbs. (91kg)
- Size Large fits users from 5’ to 6’2” (153-188cm) and up to 280lbs. (127kg)
- Size XT fits users from 6’ to 6’10” (183-208cm) and up to 350lbs. (159kg)
- Questions? Our therapists can help you with a proper fit... to start please click SIZING HELP and complete a simple form, or call us toll free at (800) 371-2778