R82 Quokka Spica Cast Car Seat
As long as the equipment is returned in new, re-saleable condition, within 30 days of the Return Authorization we will refund your original purchase cost without any re-stock fee!
**For the health and welfare of others, we regret that we cannot allow toileting or bathing/shower product returns because of sanitary and personal hygiene reasons. Some manufacturers will not permit returns on certain products. Please check with Customer Service if you have any questions.
There are certain things you must do in the event of a return.
1) Keep your original carton and packing materials for safe transport! Please carefully repack the items in their original packaging so they are secure and tight inside the box. Utilize any plastic bags that came with your order - they protect items from vibration during shipping.
2) Contact us within 30 days of the receipt of the products. Email us or call us for return instructions and a Return Authorization number.
You must have a Return Authorization number to ensure that your return is processed.
Some important notes about returns:
- You will be responsible for the return shipping cost. To protect yourself, use a delivery service that has a tracking # and insurance. A refund will not be given on merchandise that is lost by the carrier.
- If you paid a shipping fee on your original order for expedited, international or other shipping it is Non-Refundable even upon return of your order.
- Please note that returns may go back to a different location than they originated from. If you return an item to our warehouse in New York without a Return Authorization Number the cost we incur to ship the item to the manufacturer's warehouse on your behalf will be deducted from the amount of your credit, if any.
If the item cannot be made re-sellable you have the option of:
1. Paying to have the item delivered back to you.
2. Adjustment to credit for a 25% Disposal Fee.
If you have any questions, please feel free to either email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-371-2778 or 1-315-429-7112 to reach Customer Service. We are here to help!
The R82 Quokka Spica Cast Car Seat is a car seat designed to accommodate a hip spica cast. The Quokka can be used in both rear-facing and forward-facing positions. It is a highly functional child restraint system ergonomically designed to meet a range of postural support requirements with the understanding that each child’s casted position will be somewhat unique. The two foam positioning wedges that come standard with the Quokka are included to provide additional customized support. The Quokka accommodates children up to 41" (104.1 cm) tall weighing between 5-39.6 lbs. (2.3 - 18kg). The Quokka can be used in the rear-facing position for a child that weighs 5 – 39.6 lbs. The forward-facing orientation can be used for a child that weighs 22 – 39.6 lbs. (10 kg – 18 kg). All weight ranges are with the Spica Cast or Brace included.
The Quokka is a car seat that offers both comfort and maximum safety. The Quokka’s exceptional Spica Positioning Wedge ensures a casted user is fully supported during transit, kept both upright and stable. The sides of the seat are specially formed to fit legs that are casted or braced, while the head and neck are held both secure and comfortable with the adjustable plush head support and multi positional padded 5-point safety harness. The LATCH System comes standard with each Quokka making each car ride a safe fun adventure for the entire family.
Caring for a child in a hip spica cast can be a difficult experience for both the caregiver and the child. Hip spica casts are often used in the treatment of babies and children with developmental dysplasia (dislocation) of the hip (DDH). Hip Spica casts are also used during the treatment of femur fractures or after hip/pelvis surgery. Regardless of how your child wound up in hip spica cast, there are some products that can make the time they are immobilized a little bit easier for everyone. One of these products is R82’s Quokka Spica Car Seat.
Is this Product Right for You?
- A car seat designed to be used safely and comfortably for a child in hip spica cast
- Accommodates children up to 41” (104.1 cm) tall
- Accommodates children 5-39.6 lbs. (2.3 - 18kg)
- Can be used in both rear-facing and forward-facing positions
- Questions? Our therapists can help you with a proper fit… to start please click SIZING HELP and complete a simple form, or call us toll free at (800) 371-2778
Standard Features Include:
- Convertible (rear and forward facing) car seat
- One seat size accommodating children up to 41" (104.1cm) tall and 39.6 lbs (18kg)
- 2 foam Spica Positioning Wedges
- 5-Point Safety Harness is easily adjustable in height and length to accommodate child's growth
- Padded 4-inch covers on harness provide additional comfort and support
- Head Support provides the child's neck and head with support for safety and comfort
- LATCH system with lower anchor straps and top tether strap
R82 Quokka Car Seat Sizing Chart
|Height of Shoulder Strap Slots|
7.5, 9.5, 11.5 ,13.5"
(19.1, 24.1, 29.2, 34.3 cm) /
|Seat Back Height|
|Bottom of Head Support from Seat Surface|
13.5 - 19.5"
(34.3 - 49.5 cm)/
|Height of Head Support|
|Exterior Shell Measurements|
(Width x Depth x Height)
26 x 23 x 23.5"
(40.6 x 58.4 x 59.7 cm)
|Interior Shell Measurements|
(Width x Depth x Height)
11 x 11 x 21"
(27.9 x 27.9 x 53.3 cm)
Minimum User Weight -
5 lbs. (2.3 kg)
Minimum User Weight -
22 lbs. (10 kg)
|Maximum User Weight -|
Includes Weight of Cast or Brace
39.6 lbs. (18 kg)
|Car Seat Weight|| |
15.8 lbs. (7.2 kg)
Maximum User Height
41" (104.1 cm)
- Special Tomato Soft-Touch LinersSale Price $89.95 Regular Price $250.62
- Convaid Carrot 3 Special Needs Child Restraint SystemSale Price $1,928.70 Regular Price $2,143.00