I Need Help with FINE MOTOR SKILLS
Engaging Fine Motor Activities for Infants to School-Aged.
Fine motor skills involve the refined use of the small muscles of our hands. The earliest of these skills is observed when a baby holds onto a rattle placed in his or her hand. Soon they are reaching for the rattle and moving the rattle from one hand to the other. By the time a child is two or three years old, they are well on their way to exploring the world through well-coordinated manipulation of objects and toys and they are rapidly developing the skills needed for future skills such as using pencils, scissors, construction materials for building such as blocks and Legos, and performing activities of daily living such as buttoning and zippering and opening a lunch box. The efficiency of performance of a fine motor skill significantly influences the quality of the task outcome as well as the speed of task performance.
Fine motor skill development is a very serious outcome that is achieved best through play and having fun! The therapists on staff at Adaptivemall.com have hand-selected a group of quality educational toys to provide a variety of therapeutic benefits to assist in the maturation of fine motor skills. Each toy provides opportunities for muscle development, dexterity and visual spatial awareness as well as cognitive development and self-expression. Whether the goal is to improve play skills or to gain independence in self care such as dressing and eating, you will find the materials for engaging, skill building activities here.
Assisting Growing Hands to become Strong and Coordinated through Therapy and Play.
Checking in with your child’s therapist is always the best place to start when considering the purchase of products to meet therapy goals of any kind. But if you would like further creative inspiration on keeping kids engaged in activities that will effectively build their strength, coordination and interest in necessary pre-academic and self-help skills, we are here to help. Adaptivemall.com is staffed by physical and occupational therapists and intervention specialists who are happy to provide you with custom advice. All product choices have been handpicked and recommended by therapists and families with special needs children.
- Melissa & Doug Take-Along Tool KitSale Price: $14.99
- Melissa & Doug Cutting FoodSale Price: $19.99
- Melissa & Doug Shape Sorting ClockSale Price: $14.99
- Melissa & Doug Latches BoardSale Price: $24.99
- Melissa & Doug Play Money SetSale Price: $19.99
- Melissa & Doug Basic Skills BoardSale Price: $19.99
- Guidecraft Grippies_ Builders - 20 Piece SetSale Price: $37.56 Regular Price: $39.95
- Guidecraft PowerClix_ Creativity 40 Pc SetSale Price: $46.96 Regular Price: $54.95
- Guidecraft PowerClix_ Solids SetSale Price: $37.96 Regular Price: $39.95
- Guidecraft PowerClix_ OrganicsSale Price: $37.96 Regular Price: $39.95
- Guidecraft IO Blocks_ SetSale Price: $22.96 Regular Price: $24.95
- Guidecraft Light Pad - US adapterSale Price: $143.76 Regular Price $144.95Payments of: $23.96