Recline and Tilt in Space Seating
Special Needs Chairs that Tilt and Recline
When shopping for adaptive seating, you'll often come across two different options - reclining seating and tilt-in-space seating. Both of these special needs chair types allow for users to sit upright and in a lie-back position, but their mechanisms differ. With tilt-in-space chairs, the hip angle remains the same but the seat itself tips back. With recline seating, the hip angle changes, allowing the user to lie back for sleeping or personal care. Both types of special needs chairs have their unique advantages and disadvantages, so sometimes you need both options.
For example, if you simply want to provide your child with pressure relief some of the time without making any adjustments to the chair, you might prefer the tilt-in-space feature. If later in the day you'd like your child to lie all the way back to sleep or for a diaper change, you can achieve that too without switching to a whole different piece of equipment. In other words, these are some of the most adaptable chairs for all activities and environments, so you can use them at home, in therapy settings and even while you travel.
Which Tilt-in-Space Recline Chair is Best?
Adaptivemall.com only handpicks special needs seating that's personally recommended by occupational and physical therapists, so any chair from this selection will be a good choice if it suits your requirements. However, you will want to choose a chair based on your specific needs, your child's age and your budget. For example, the Leckey Squiggles Chair is a very popular option for children from 1 to 5 years old with severe positioning needs, while the R28 Wombat is best for children with moderate positioning needs who want a versatile chair for all daily activities. If you have any specific questions, feel free to contact us and we'll do our best to get you the right answers.
- R82 Wombat Living Hi Low ChairStarting at: $3,181.50Payments of: $530.25
- Leckey Squiggles SeatSale Price: $3,620.15 Regular Price: $4,259.00Payments of: $603.36
- Rifton Activity Chair StandardSale Price: $1,393.00Payments of: $0.00
- Rifton Hi/Lo Activity ChairSale Price: $3,420.00Payments of: $0.00
- Leckey Everyday Activity SeatSale Price: $2,499.00 Regular Price: $2,940.00Payments of: $416.50
- Leckey Mygo SeatSale Price: $3,568.30 Regular Price: $4,198.00Payments of: $594.72