CARES Child Aviation Restraint
As long as the equipment is returned in new, re-saleable condition, within 30 days of the Return Authorization we will refund your original purchase cost without any re-stock fee!
**For the health and welfare of others, we regret that we cannot allow toileting or bathing/shower product returns because of sanitary and personal hygiene reasons. Some manufacturers will not permit returns on certain products. Please check with Customer Service if you have any questions.
There are certain things you must do in the event of a return.
1) Keep your original carton and packing materials for safe transport! Please carefully repack the items in their original packaging so they are secure and tight inside the box. Utilize any plastic bags that came with your order - they protect items from vibration during shipping.
2) Contact us within 30 days of the receipt of the products. Email us or call us for return instructions and a Return Authorization number.
You must have a Return Authorization number to ensure that your return is processed.
Some important notes about returns:
- You will be responsible for the return shipping cost. To protect yourself, use a delivery service that has a tracking # and insurance. A refund will not be given on merchandise that is lost by the carrier.
- If you paid a shipping fee on your original order for expedited, international or other shipping it is Non-Refundable even upon return of your order.
- Please note that returns may go back to a different location than they originated from. If you return an item to our warehouse in New York without a Return Authorization Number the cost we incur to ship the item to the manufacturer's warehouse on your behalf will be deducted from the amount of your credit, if any.
If the item cannot be made re-sellable you have the option of:
1. Paying to have the item delivered back to you.
2. Adjustment to credit for a 25% Disposal Fee.
If you have any questions, please feel free to either email us at email@example.com or call us at 1-800-371-2778 or 1-315-429-7112 to reach Customer Service. We are here to help!
The CARES Child Aviation Restraint provides more support for children while travelling on an airplane. It can accommodate children from 22 to 75 pounds. The CARES can be used in any seat on the plane excluding the emergency exit rows. The CARES Child Aviation Restraint is a belt-and-buckle device that works with the seat belt on the airplane. The combination of the two provides the same level of safety as a car seat for your child.
If your child is between 44 and 75 pounds AND is no taller than 58 inches, you can still use the CARES Child Aviation Restraint. HOWEVER, you must first obtain a letter from the FAA requesting an _Exemption Letter" that states that the CARES Child Aviation Restraint (CARES) can be used by your child specifically only in a row that has NO ONE Sitting behind them. Please email the FAA to request your _Exemption Letter". Please be aware that it may take up to 6 weeks to receive your exemption letter.
PLEASE NOTE: Once the Exemption Letter is received, it is good on any airline based in the United States of America, and for an unlimited period of time. The FAA has decided that for children from 44 to 75 pounds and up to 4 feet 10 inches must sit in an airplane seat where no one sits behind them. This is due to the weight and height of your child and how the CARES Child Aviation Restraint holds your child to the airplane seat. It would affect the dynamics of the airplane seat back for a person behind the child who might need to brace themselves on the seat in front of them during turbulence. Therefore, parents must book seats with no one behind the child at the time of the reservation and then carry the letter with them whenever they fly.
The CARES Child Aviation Restraint weighs just one pound! Simple to carry on the plane! It comes with a 6" stuff sack to keep everything in one place when not in use. The installation is simple and only takes a minute or two.
1. Seat your child in the airplane seat he or she will occupy.
2. Lower the tray table BEHIND your child_s seat.
3. Slide the RED LOOP of the CARES Child Aviation Restraint over the seat back, adjust the height of the RED LOOP so it is just above your child_s shoulders, and tighten it. Then close the tray table covering the Red Loop of the CARES Child Aviation Restraint.
4. Place the BLACK SHOULDER STRAPS of the CARES Child Aviation Restraint over your child's shoulders and slide the buckle and connecter ends of the Airplane Seat Belt through the loops at the bottom of the BLACK SHOULDER STRAPS of the CARES Child Aviation Restraint.
5. Buckle the Airplane Seat Belt and pull it snugly across your child's lap as you normally would do and then buckle the CHEST CLIP of the CARES Child Aviation Restraint and snug down the BLACK SHOULDER STRAPS of the CARES Child Aviation Restraint.
Is this Product Right for You?
- Minimum Weight of 22 lbs (10 kg)
- Maximum Weight of 75 lbs (34 kg)
- For children with mild to moderate physical disabilities
- Questions? Our therapists can help you with a proper fit… to start please click SIZING HELP and complete a simple form, or call us toll free at (800) 371-2778
Standard Features include:
- CARES Child Aviation Restraint
- 6” Stuff Sack for easy transport and storage when not in use
- Instructional DVD
- Instructional Safety Card
CARES Child Aviation Restraint
Maximum User Height
up to 58
|User Weight Range|| |
Max User Weight WITHOUT Exemption Letter
Max User Weight WITH Exemption Letter
- Special Tomato Soft-Touch LinersSale Price $89.95 Regular Price $238.68
- Convaid Carrot 3 Special Needs Child Restraint SystemSale Price $1,928.70 Regular Price $2,143.00