The Leckey Horizon is a robust, durable 3-in-1 stander that can be configured to provide support for prone, supine and upright standing positions. This highly versatile power operated stander with flat-to-load technology offers an open frame design to promote easier access for transfers from lifts and wheelchairs. It is ideally suited to users with complex needs, those with acquired injury and those with behavioral issues. The user is completely secure, supported and comfortable but not restricted.
The Leckey Horizon is available in 2 sizes accommodating children approximately age 9 through adults weighing up to 220 lbs.(110kg). The Horizon features a powered adjustable actuator that is rechargeable. This makes changing the angle of standing effortless with easy-to-use hand controls and an easy-to-read angle indicator. No more guessing about the optimal angle adjustment at set up. The angle indicator also provides accurate measurements for documentation of progress in the user’s standing program. A built-in disabling system ensures that use of the battery is terminated before the charge is fully gone, thereby preserving the life of the battery. Easy access to the charging point and an emergency stop button on the control box are all user friendly.
Chest Pad with Flexible Laterals, Hip Pad, standard Knee Supports, and basic Footplate come standard with the Horizon. All provide unsurpassed levels of adjustability especially important for more complex users.
In Required Step 2, you can add additional foot support to the basic Footplate with your choice of the following:
- Sandals with Straps (Pair)- Attach to the basic footplate and provide additional support for proper positioning of the feet. Offered in sizes Small, Medium, and Large, please refer to the Photo Gallery under Main Product Image for a picture of the Sandal Measuring Guide.
- Flip Up Footplate Assembly with Sandals with Straps (Pair)- Hinged at the front (the heel in prone standing position), this footplate assembly allows the user’s feet to be secured to the footrest while still seated in a wheelchair and prior to the transfer into prone standing. Offered in Size 2 and 3, match Footplate Assembly Size to Frame Size.
- 3D Footplate Assembly with Straps (Pair)- One Size Fits All. A ball and socket joint on this footplate assembly allows for greater adjustability through rotation in addition to the ability to move the footplate up, down, forward, back and from left to right. Accommodates varus/valgus deformities of the ankle/ foot in addition to limitations in plantar flexion and dorsiflexion ensuring maximum load bearing through the feet.
In Required Step 3, you can opt to replace the Standard Knee Assembly with a Medium Extended or Long Extended Knee Assembly. This allows for greater adjustability in depth (forward/ backward movement) of the knee support which is especially important for those users that have knee flexion contractures. Limited range of motion in the knees can result in an inability to fully straighten the knees.
- Standard Knee Assembly has 1-3 in. of adjustment or 1-5 in. of adjustment if flipped.
- Medium Extended Knee Assembly has 5-7 in. of adjustment.
- Long Extended Knee Assembly has 7-9 in. of adjustment.
In Required Step 4, you must choose some form of hip support strap. The Hip Pad (Pad that is attached to the Support Frame Spine Assembly) comes standard with the Leckey Horizon. Choices include:
- Flexible Hip Laterals- Offer circumferential support at the hips. Flexible Hip Laterals can be used in ALL standing configurations (supine, prone and upright). Flexible Hip Laterals CANNOT be used in conjunction with a De-Rotational Hip/Pelvic Belt.
- De-Rotational Pelvic/Hip Belt- Offers proprioceptive input and structure to achieve and maintain a symmetrical position of the pelvis. This Belt is ideal for users who have issues with pelvic rotation. Supine and Prone De-Rotational Pelvic/Hip Belts are specific to prone and supine standing configurations. You can choose to purchase both. The De-Rotational Belt CANNOT be used in conjunction with Hip Laterals.
- Flip Away Hip Laterals- Offered for Size 3 Horizon Standers ONLY, this feature allows Hip Laterals to easily be swung out of the way during transfers. Appropriate for supine, prone and upright standing positions.
In Required Step 5, you may choose to upgrade the Standard Flexible Chest Laterals to Flip Away Chest Laterals if you have purchased a Size 3 Horizon ONLY. The Horizon comes standard with Flexible Chest Laterals that provide circumferential support with a side release buckle. The Flip Away Chest Laterals for Size 3 Frame enables the Chest Laterals to be moved out of the way easily during transfers.
In Required Step 6, you may choose to add a Headrest. A Headrest does not need to be chosen if your stander will be used for Prone Standing ONLY. Headrest is REQUIRED to use the Horizon as a supine stander. Choices for Headrest include:
- Standard Flat Headrest
- Flat Headrest Plus Lateral Supports helps to keep the user’s head in midline with neutral rotation (facing forward).
- Contoured Head Support offers lateral (side to side) adjustment for the user whose head is not in mid-line.
Also, in Required Step 6, you may choose to replace the standard Head Support Assembly with an assembly that offers up to 4 inches of depth adjustment which is important for users who have a forward head posture.
In Required Step 7, you may choose to add a tray and accessories for the tray. The tray is specific to either prone or supine standing so you may want to purchase both. To order the accessories for the tray you must purchase one or both of the trays.
- Supine Tray- Tray size is 20.5in. x 23.2in. (52.1x58.9cm). The angle adjustment of the Supine Tray is -20⁰ to +30⁰.
- Prone Tray- Tray size is 20.5in. x 23.2in. (52.1x58.9cm). The angle adjustment of the Prone Tray is 0⁰ to 40⁰.
- Tray Grab Rail- Securely attaches to the tray and provides a place for the user to hold onto above the level of the tray. This can help stabilize head and trunk control. The bar can also be used for the attachment of items for learning, distraction or fun.
- Tray Grab Posts (Pair) The Grab Posts securely attach to the tray and provide a place for the user to hold onto. This can help stabilize head and trunk control.
Having one piece of equipment that can provide support for all 3 types of standing has a distinct benefit especially for children who are expected to progress in their ability to stand. Supine standing provides support behind the user and is best suited for children who need maximum support to hold themselves upright against gravity. Prone standing provides support in front of the user and is appropriate for users who are beginning to develop head and trunk control. Fully upright standing is the end goal for both supine and prone standing programs and is the position that will be used to gain greater independence with a fully erect standing posture. A 3-in-1 stander also has significant benefits in environments where more than one person uses the stander such as therapy clinics and educational facilities.
Is this Product Right for You?
- A 3-in-1 stander offering support for supine, prone and upright standing
- Appropriate for users with minimal to significant physical involvement
- Appropriate for users ages 9 through adult
- Maximum user weight 220 lbs. (110kg)
- Questions? Our therapists can help you with a proper fit. To start please click SIZING HELP and complete a simple form, or call us toll free at (800) 371-2778