Special Needs Adaptive Booster Car Seat that offers an optional Swivel Base!
The Recaro Monza Nova 2 Reha Special Needs Booster Seat is appropriate for children weighing 33 -110 lbs. (15-50 kg) and whose height is 59 inches (150 cm) or less. This booster seat is suitable for forward-facing installation ONLY.
PLEASE NOTE: When using the Recaro Monza Nova 2 Reha Booster Seat, the VEHICLE’S 3-POINT SEAT BELT (the car’s lap plus shoulder belt) is ALWAYS USED. The CAR’S SAFETY BELT is the restraint for the child and the Booster Seat. Integrated 5-point harness (the strapping system that comes with the booster seat) provides positioning support only.
The Recaro Monza Nova 2 Reha offers many adaptive positioning features for special needs as standard. Providing extra support for the head, trunk and pelvis secures optimal postural alignment which ensures exceptional safety and comfort. And, this booster seat has an optional Swivel Base which allows the open front of the booster seat to be turned toward the car’s open door- no more heavy lifting up and over the booster seat’s side supports. Parents all over the world LOVE this swivel feature! The Recaro Monza Nova 2 Reha is especially suited for people with developmental differences such as those with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), cerebral palsy (CP) and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
Another standard feature of the Recaro Monza 2 Reha is the Isofix (model Seatfix) LATCH. This is an internationally standardized fastening system for children’s car seats. Corresponding LATCH anchor points are firmly connected to the vehicle bodywork.* Children’s car/booster seats can be quickly and easily anchored in these standardized fixture points. In this way, the seat is safely secured in the vehicle, even when the child is not in it and does not have to be retained with the 3-point vehicle belt when not in use. And because this booster seat is so lightweight (weighs only 13.2 lbs./6 kg), it can be moved easily from one car to another and quickly fastened into place. In fact, the Recaro Monza Nova 2 Reha is the lightest rehab seat in its class. So light you could carry it with one finger.
*All standard vehicles sold in the USA in 2003 or later are required to have a LATCH system. Some vehicles older than this may have the LATCH system. You would need to verify within your own vehicle.
If your car does not have a LATCH System and you are interested in this Booster Seat, please contact customer service toll free at (800) 371-2778.
Exceptional Standardized Features include:
- Head Support Pads (removable) with Integrated Speakers- provide excellent lateral (side) head support to help keep the child’s head in midline. An inflatable head rest cushion behind the child’s head adds extra comfort. The integrated speaker system in the side support padding can provide auditory input of your choice for further relaxation and interest. Headrest is height adjustable in 11 increments.
- 5-Point Positioning Harness with Crotch Pad and Chest Clip- A 5-point positioning belt with upholstered fasteners is included that is for POSITIONING PURPOSES ONLY. It is the vehicle's lap/shoulder belt that acts as the safety restraint for the seat as well as child in the vehicle. The Recaro Monza 2 Reha meets or exceeds the highest safety standards for impact shields for the car's own lap/shoulder belt system. Again, the Recaro Monza Nova 2 Reha Adaptive Booster-Type Car Seat is ALWAYS used with the vehicle lap/shoulder belt when a child is in it.
- Lateral Trunk Supports (removable)- help support a midline posture.
- Lateral Side Supports (removable)- the Recaro Monza 2 Reha meets or exceeds the highest safety standards with its side impact energy absorbent elements.
- Ventilated Foam- unique passive RECARO Air Circulation System for optimum air circulation which is also used in the automotive industry.
- Easy to remove Upholstery Covers that are machine washable.
Optional Accessories include: Swivel Base, Swivel Base with Foot Stand, Swivel Base with Foot Stand and Footrest (choice of footrest depth), Adapter with Seat Depth Extension (Non-Swivel Base)* OR Adapter with Footrest (Non-Swivel Base)* and much more! Please refer to Accessories Section for more information and to order these optional accessories. All accessories are tested according FMVSS 213 (US – FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARDS AND REGULATIONS) and meet or exceed standards.
*Seat Depth Extension and Foot Rest on Non-Swivel Base CANNOT be used at the same time.
If you need some help Understanding Car Seats vs. Booster Seats as you get started, Click here for more information.
Please Note: This Recaro Monza Nova 2 Latch Booster Seat is NOT CERTIFIED for use in an aircraft.