Rifton New Stander
Sale Price $3,350.00
USA Only Shipping
The Rifton NEW Stander has it all. A total redesign of the Rifton Supine and Prone Stander families, every feature, every strap, every adjustment has been reimagined. Designers have tried to anticipate every need of the user, the care giver and the clinician with the new Stander able to be configured as supine, prone or multi-position (able to be used in prone and supine). This all-new line up will ultimately have 4 sizes available. The new Stander is currently available in Sizes 1 and 2 with Size 1 specifically designed for early intervention. It’s the only stander of its type that adjusts in height down to the floor to allow peer-to-peer socialization and participation and then up to table height for activities. The Rifton Stander allows precise positioning in every imaginable configuration, quick prone to supine switching and back when multi-position stander is purchased, plus Rifton’s legendary tool-free adjustments.
Here’s a look at what’s new
- Unique, highly maneuverable base frame geometry with a single front caster to allow for leg abduction (standard) and to simplify prone transfers. The frame has clearance for a mechanical lift to aid with supine transfers if needed.
- Single column height adjustment supporting standing close to the floor and raised above the floor- particularly important for the smallest users.
- Gas spring-assisted tilt from 0 to 90 degrees (horizontal to fully vertical) located on caregiver handle with double safety tilt trigger. Continuous adjustment locks in any position when the trigger is released.
- Independent leg abduction up to 30 degrees.
- Astonishing range of adjustment for leg and foot.
- Open frame design for easy transfers and access to surroundings
In Required Step 1 the color and size of the standing frame is chosen. Please refer to Size Chart tab for help with critical measurements. Each stander has significant growth potential built into the highly adjustable frame.
In Required Step 2 the configuration of the stander is chosen- Prone, Supine or Multi-Position.
When purchasing the Prone Configuration you will have necessary components to use the stander as a prone stander ONLY. When purchasing the Supine Configuration you will have necessary components to use the stander as a supine stander ONLY.
If you plan to use the stander in both Prone and Supine configurations, Multi-Position Configuration must be chosen to ensure purchase of all necessary components for both prone and supine standing positions. The Multi-Position Configuration is the ONLY configuration that allows the stander to be used for both prone and supine standing.
- The Prone Configuration (user leans forward on the body support) comes standard with Lateral Supports and a Pelvic Harness. Prone Knee Cuffs can be added but are not required. Prone Knee Cuffs wrap around the user’s knee and provide medial/lateral stabilization of the knee on the padded leg support. They also prevent knee hyperextension for users who benefit from that. In addition, some rotational control may be added by tightening the strap on one side of the cuff more than the other. Prone Knee Cuffs are available for prone standing only.
- The Supine Configuration (user leans back on the body support) comes standard with Upper Trunk Support and Lateral Supports. Soft Knee Straps and a Hip Strap are also required. Please choose between the Standard Hip Strap and the Rotation Control Hip Strap. The Rotation Control Hip Strap has a wide padded section that wraps around the user. The webbing piece attached to the outside can be tightened at either end to provide rotation control at the hips. Head Lateral Supports and a Butterfly Harness can be added to the Supine Configuration but are not required. The Butterfly Harness is a 5-point harness that can be used instead of the trunk strap for supine standing. It is ideal for users who need more upper body positioning support and stabilization.
- The Multi-Position Configuration (stander can be switched between supine and prone configurations, quickly/easily and without tools) comes standard with Upper Trunk Support, Lateral Supports and a Pelvic Harness. Soft Knee Straps and a Hip Strap are also required. Please choose between the Standard Hip Strap and the Rotation Control Hip Strap. Head Lateral Supports, a Butterfly Harness and Prone Knee Cuffs can be added to the Multi-Position Configuration but are not required.
In Required Step 3 the Trunk Support Strap is chosen. All configurations of the new Stander require a Trunk Strap. Please choose between the Standard Trunk Strap and the Rotation Control Trunk Strap. The Trunk Rotation Control Strap has a wide padded section that wraps around the user. The webbing piece attached to the outside can be tightened at either end to provide rotational control at the trunk.
In Required Step 4 the Leg Type is chosen. Size 1 comes with a Standard Leg Type ONLY. The standard legs allow independent adjustment in upper and lower leg length, and can accommodate leg length discrepancies. Starting with Size 2 there is a choice of Standard or Advanced Leg Type. The optional advanced leg supports allow independent hip angle adjustment, 0-45 degrees forward and 0-45 degrees back, to promote hip joint development. The hip depth adjusts independently as well. The optional advanced leg supports allow independent knee angle adjustment, 0-45 degrees forward and 0-45 degrees back, to accommodate contractures. Separate upper and lower leg length adjustments ensure that users with leg length discrepancies can be comfortably supported.
Please see accessory section for Tray, additional Trunk Laterals and Medial/Lateral Thigh Supports.
Is this Product Right for You?
- A stander that can be purchased in prone, supine or multi-positional configurations
- Currently available in 2 sizes. Full line up will have 4 sizes
- Designed for individuals with moderate to significant need for postural support
- Critical Measurement: user’s overall height
- Questions? Our therapists can help you with a proper fit. To start please click SIZING HELP and complete a simple form, or call us toll free at (800) 371-2778
Standard Features for all configurations of Rifton Stander include:
- Base Frame with front/rear casters and 2 locking 8 in. side wheels
- Base Frame clearance allowing for a mechanical lift to aid with supine transfers
- Independent leg abduction up to 30 degrees
- Single column height adjustment supporting standing close to the floor and raised above the floor
- Adjustable Sandals with straps adjust forward/back and rotate. Sandal rotates 180° during conversion between supine/prone configurations. Ankle plantarflexion/dorsiflexion adjustment in a total of 30 degrees
- Standard Leg Type ONLY for Size 1; Choice of Standard or Advanced Leg Type for Size 2
- Body Support is a large, padded area, supporting the user’s pelvis and trunk.
- Flip-Away Height Adjustable Lateral Supports
- Choice of Standard or Rotation Control Trunk Strap
- Caregiver Handle is height adjustable and moves out of the way if tray is used in prone configuration.
- Tilt Adjustment- 90 degrees from horizontal to fully vertical. Angle adjusts by squeezing double safety trigger which releases the gas spring for continuous adjustment locks in any position when the trigger is released.
- Significant growth potential in each frame size.
Standard Features for Prone Configuration also include
- Pelvic Harness- 5-point padded support
Standard Features for Supine Configuration also include
- Height Adjustable Upper Trunk Support
- Headrest at the top of the Upper Trunk Support. Head Laterals Supports are optional
- Arm Supports swing up and out of the way behind the headrest during transfers
- Split Knee Straps ensures no pressure across patella as the knee join is supported
Standard Features for Multi-Position Configuration also include
- All standard features listed for both prone and supine configurations
|Rifton New Stander
Key User Dimension:
|28-42 in. (71.1-106.7cm
|38-53 in. (96.5-134.6cm)
|32.5 in. (82.6cm)
|21.5 in. (54.6cm)
|Height of horizontal body support from floor
|22 – 28 in. (55.9-71.1cm)
|22.5 – 36.5 in. (57.2-92.7cm)
|Sandal to knee height
|6.75 – 11 in. (17.1-27.9cm)
|10 – 15.25 in. (25.4-38.7cm)
|Knee to hip height
|6.25 – 10.5 in. (15.9-26.7cm)
|8.5 – 13.5 in. (21.6-34.3cm)
|Sandal to top of headrest
|31.5 – 43 in. (80-109.2)
|41 – 55 in. (104.1-139.7cm)
|Distance between trunk laterals
|5.5 – 10 in. (14-25.4cm)
|7 – 11.5 (17.8-29.2cm)
|Distance between medial/lateral thigh supports
|2.5 – 4 in. (6.4-10.2cm)
|3.25 – 5 in. (8.3-12.7cm)
|Item weight (Prone)
|47 lb. (21.3kg.)
|72 lb. (32.7kg)
|Item weight (Supine)
|52 lb. (23.6kg.)
|78 lb. (35.4kg.)
|Maximum working load- User weight must not exceed
|75 lbs. (24kg.)
|100 lbs. (4.5kg.)
Write Your Own Review