The Leckey MyWay+ takes a great product and makes it even better. Building on the very best aspects of the MyWay gait trainer, the MyWay+ has been reimagined and re-engineered. By combining an open frame design and innovative wraparound harness with a wide range of accessories, the MyWay+ can be tailored to suit every child's needs and abilities for the development of standing and walking skills.
Unique Harness for Upright, Hands-Free Walking
The patented corset-like MyWay+ harness provides 360 degrees of support for deep core stability. Core stability is the foundation for head control and extremity movement. This includes optimization of stepping ability. The harness is comfortable and flexible while offering structure to manage generalized abnormal muscle tone as well as dyskinetic (fluctuating) movements typical of dystonia and athetosis. Individuals with asymmetry of posture/movement or lack of stepping initiation can also benefit from support of the Myway+. The “hug like” support given by the harness provides sensory feedback, dampens involuntary movement, and offers comfort and confidence through a sense of secure stability.
The open-frame design significantly reduces barriers to social interactions and exploration of the environment. It also allows therapists access to the user for hands on facilitation and prompts to enhance motor learning. With hands free, children are empowered to interact, explore, and participate, indoors and out, to their fullest potential. All while developing their walking and weight bearing abilities.
The ability to use multiple size harnesses on a single frame maximizes growth potential for each frame size. If a child is unable to complete a standing transfer, they can be lifted into and out of the MyWay+ frame in their harness using the optional Hoisting Straps accessory and their own mechanical lift. The size 2 and 3 frames can be separated and folded to make transport a cinch. Size 1 frame does not separate due to its small size. The prone angle (the degree to which the user can be leaned forward), shoulder strap and height adjustments are easy, tool-free and ensure optimal body position for stepping.
And, Leckey has gone the extra step to make ordering the MyWay+ easy. By ordering the MyWay Package, you will automatically receive the Frame and Harness (size of your choice), User Handles, Adult Handles, Headrest, Saddle, and Ankle Guides. Packages for frame sizes 1&2 include Size 1 Saddle (9 in. L x 3.24 in. W). Packages for frame size 3 include Size 2 Saddle (10 in. L x 3.24in. W). For additional information regarding accessories included in the package, please click on the accessory in the accessory section to be brought to the page that includes detailed information on that accessory.
So, What’s New?
- Resized Size 1 Frame better accommodates younger children's body proportions. Early intervention to support standing and walking in an age-appropriate time frame gives children the best opportunity to develop their physical, cognitive, emotional, and social skills.
- Newly Developed Casters are robust indoor/outdoor wheels that ensure there's no limit to which path your child can take. They feature anti-roll-back protection, braking, direction lock, and variable resistance to assist steering, prevent backwards movement, control speed, and ensure all energy is focused on moving and playing. The new side-step function locks the casters in a sideways position, providing the opportunity to target and strengthen hip abductor muscles while children are fully supported in the frame. The versatility of these casters allows the MyWay+ to be tailored to the individual child's needs, helping to maximize their opportunity for use and further promoting function.
- New and Improved User Handles are now height-adjustable so that they can be set up to better fit the child.
Please Note: User Handles are included with MyWay+ package.
- New and Improved Adult Handles are easily height-adjustable for a range of caregiver heights. They enable the caregiver to guide the child around small spaces and encourage first steps to become meaningful movements.
Please Note: Adult Handles are included with MyWay+ package.
- New and Improved Ankle Guides are designed to help separate the child's legs and prevent scissoring gait (crossing one leg over the other when taking a step). The MyWay+ ankle guide rails are flexible. The guides can be used at the ankle or adjusted slightly higher up the calf, depending on individual needs. Please Note: Ankle Guides are included with MyWay+ package.
There are also new accessories: Complex User Handle, Complex Headrest and Narrow Seat with option to add Seat Drop to manage excessive hip adduction/scissoring. Read details about each of these products in the accessory section on this page.
Please Note: These new accessories are NOT included in the MyWay+ Package.
Is this Product Right for You?
- A mobility device to promote independent standing and walking
- Open frame design
- Appropriate for toddlers through teens approximately 1-16 years old
- Appropriate for children with moderate to significant physical involvement
- Appropriate for children with shoulder height ranging from 23 in. to 59 in. (63.5-149 cm)
- Maximum user weight 176 lbs. (80kg)
- Questions? Our therapists can help you with a proper fit… to start please click SIZING HELP and complete a simple form, or call us toll free at (800) 371-2778